News | BISE Lahore | FBISE | AIOU | BISE Multan | BISE Rawalpindi | BISE Faisalabad | BISE Gujranwala | BISE Sargodha | BISE Sahiwal | BISE DG Khan | BISE Bahawalpur | Entry Test Result | Exam | B.com | B.Ed | M.Ed | DAE Result | Election 2018 | Date Sheets 2022 | Admissions 2022 | Merit List 2022 | Admission Applications | Prize Bond Result | Schools in Pakistan | Ranking | Merit Calculator | Institutions in Pakistan | Translate Free | Urdu Keyboard Editor
Trending: 10th Result 2022 Lahore Board | 10th Result 2022 Rawalpindi Board | 10th Result 2022 Faisalabad Board | 10th Result 2022 Gujranwala Board | 10th Result 2022 Sargodha Board | 10th Result 2022 Sahiwal Board | 10th Result 2022 DG Khan Board | 10th Result 2022 Bahawalpur Board | Colleges in Pakistan | Admissions in Pakistan | School & College Ranking | Merit Calculator 2022
Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship 2022 How to Apply
Chevening has made the announcement regarding provision of South Asia Journalism Fellowship SAJP for the mid career journalists hailing from the South Asian countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and the Maldives. The University of Westminster hosted this fellowship and it is funded by United Kingdom UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development office. The candidates can Know About Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship.
You can find the fellowship program details, which are given as under:
Course / Program Structure
Under this program, the candidates will undertake the fellowship of eight weeks, which is titled as ‘Good Governance in a Changing World: the Media, Politics and Society.’
This program helps to find different approaches, the media makes to manage the democratic processes accountable, which are added with government, civil services, security with extensive political system in UK and South Asia.
The fellows will discuss the important policy debates, understand the global positioning, providing the practical experiences and the promotion of exchanges on the key issues. This program will be comprised of eight weeks of lectures, discussions and visits and the colleagues will discuss the field related UK academics, media and political personalities. A symposium will be arranged in the final week on the topic of their choice.
• Full coverage of the program fees
• Living expenses for the whole fellowship
• Return economy airfare from country of candidate to UK
Applicant must be
• Citizen of Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives
• The candidates must have master degree qualification or equivalent professional training or experience in the relevant area
At the time of applying, candidates must have:
• Have minimum 7 years of work experience before applying
• Be mid-career journalist, who worked in political or economic sectors in one of the above mentioned countries.
• The candidates must be proficient in English and it will be shown in application form and in the interview.
• Not be a holder of British or dual British citizenship.
• Agree to follow respective guidelines and expectations of fellowship.
• Return to their country after completing fellowship.
How to Apply
The interested candidates can register themselves on link of Chevening website and submit them accordingly.
The candidates can submit their fellowship by 12 October 2022.
Stages / Phrases of Fellowship Placement Process
The aspirants can find the sequential breakdown of fellowship placement process below:
- Applications Close
• Phase 1: the authority concerned will examine eligibility criteria of the applications and assess by independent reading committee.
o British embassies / high commissions shortlist the applications.
• Phase 2: Shortlisted candidates are informed about date and time of their interviews.
o The shortlisted candidates must submit reference letters before their interview.
o If possible, the candidates will be notified two or three weeks before their interview.
o Interview period and declaration of results.
• Phase 3: The candidates will get a Conditional Award Letter CAL from Chevening Secretariat, which is issued within two weeks of conditional section.
o The candidates will complete CAL forms and return by the deadline.
Acceptance form and the acknowledgement of Chevening fellowships terms and conditions.
Client Care Letter – it is required when the fellowship host of the candidates does not share immigration guidance.
Photo page copy of the passport of the candidate.
• Phase 4: The Chevening Secretariat will get ready Final Award List FAL.
It will be posted to candidates from British Embassy / High Commission in their country within two weeks of CAL deadline
• Phase 5: The candidates will receive the pre-departure advice through email.
o Tailored visa and immigration advice, which will be given, if the fellowship host of the candidates does not provide the immigration guidance.
o Details of travel booking.
o Suggestion on accommodation
o Allowances and payment advice
o Request for biography of the candidates within a week of the issue of the FAL.
o The candidate applies for visa as per provided advice.
o The candidate books their flight to UK after receiving visa.
• Phase 6: the Pre-departure briefing will be arranged at British Embassy / High Commission and candidates will have to attend it.
• Phase 7: the candidates will reach to UK to begin the fellowship
The interested candidates can visit official website of Chevening South Asia Journalist Fellowship to get more information about this program.
10th Class Date Sheet 2022
Related Educational News
9th Class Result 2022 Punjab Boards
Punjab Past Papers Matric 9th 10th
Primary Results 5th & 8th Class
BISE Punjab Boards
Sindh Educational Boards
KPK Examination Boards
Public Service Commission
University Results Gruaduation, Masters Classes
Subscribe by EmailSubscribe by Email
Position Holders Matric 2022
Position Holders Inter 2022